Friday, October 10, 2008

fireproof

my wife really wants to go see that new movie fireproof. every time i think about it i want to hide in a bomb shelter.

she thinks i am just being a jerk, but i really have a hard time with christian movies. it's not because they are christian movies, but it is because they are bad.

the acting reminds me of a high school play. the actors think they are doing such a great job because they remember their lines, but in reality they suck. they over act. they say cheesy lines. they get kiss stunt doubles.

so wrong on so many levels.

yet, knowing me i will end up going to see it with her. only because i love her and being a good husband is about sacrifice. i just really hope she forgets about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I don't know anything about this movie - except that I just got off the phone with my Mom and she said she was going to send me $100 when I see the movie "Fireproof"

So if she has to send me a 100 bucks to go...it must be bad. How about you go - tell me all about it and I'll split the 100 with you 60/40!!

Anonymous said...

if you were in a movie i would appreciate if you requested a kiss stunt double - it's admirable

JimmyBob said...

The stunt double was his wife. I'd request that too :) I don't mean that I'd request his wife, I mean my own, of course.

On this topic, I'm actually looking forward to the movie House based on the book by Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti.

Have you heard of it? It's controversial right now because it has an "R" rating and in the horror genre.