Sunday, February 18, 2007

riding the mattress


it has snowed 3 inches. i know to my friends in the north that is not much, but around here that is a lot. last night i was unable to drive up my driveway. thankfully i have 2 driveways and i shoveled enough away to park. this morning i awoke to a phone call telling me church was cancelled. i cheered a little inside (forgive me). something about being lazy on sunday feels good. as a child i felt like i was letting God down by not going to church, but today i felt different. i spent most of the morning outside in the snow (of course it took me forever to find clothes to wear in the snow that wouldn't get wet and chap my thighs that like to rub together). we have 2 really good sleds and one snowboard. they are fun, but the one thing that really gets you moving fast is this plastic mattress we have. on the normal sled you only make it down one hill... i took a run and jump and made it down two hills and across the road heading towards the lake. nothing like sailing at the speed of light on a mattress...
i guess that was just one of those boring stories... nothing really else is happening. i get to go to the doctor tomorrow. yay! i just hope he doesn't want to touch my doodads. he has big hands and it is cold in there. he is also a very tall person and i am short...

No comments: